- Take a live photo.
- Open Instagram and click your logo to add to your Instagram story.
- Slide to the right until the “Boomerang” option is selected. Then swipe up from the bottom and select your photo.
- Once your photo appears on the screen, hold down your finger in the center of the photo until the circle loader appears and your still photo becomes live.
- Publish and save your new Boomerang!
Social media can be used to connect to your fans, friends and prospects but it can also be an outlet for criticism. Do you know how to manage and respond to negative comments properly? We’re sharing the proper way to combat negative comments.
What you SHOULD NOT do:
Ignore/Delete: Probably the most commonly used response, though not the best one. Would you ignore an in-person complaint? No, so why take the silent road on social media for all to see?
What you SHOULD do:
Apologize and Offer a Solution: Treat the complaint as a way to practice good marketing. Respond respectfully, offer a solution and politely suggest you continue conversation offline or in private. For example, If someone is unhappy with their service received and leaves a negative review or comment on your social pages, follow this format:
- Apologize: “Hi [customer name]. We’re so sorry you had a negative experience with us.”
- Offer a solution: “We pride ourselves on our great service and would like the opportunity to change your experience.”
- Make the terms private and take the conversation offline: “We would love to discuss your experience with us further and try to make things right. Please email us/direct message us/call us so that we can work something out. Thank you.”
Just remember, not all negative commentary may be warranted and sometimes it helps to take a few moments to step back and answer with a clear head. Following this formula will allow you to have a faster response rate as well. The goal is to give “haters” a hard time to combat your response or turn an unhappy patron into loyal customer.
Having a space to work from that motivates you is key to productivity and inspiration.
If your work day looks anything like mine you’ll find yourself behind a computer screen for the majority of the day. Having the ability to have a creative space can be a good break from the screen and keep you motivated.
Here are some of my favorite decor pieces/desk accessories:
Wow! Humbled, grateful and inspired are the words that come to mind when I think back on this weekend. While Dapper’s website was always a project on the to-do list, it was hard to prioritize when I was more invested in client work at times… but it’s finally here! The feedback I’ve received in just 48 hours means the world to me and I’m so excited to officially have a home for Dapper on the web!
I also want to offer a special thank you to everyone that has supported me on this journey; to the clients that allow me to share in your passions; and to the many collaborators and designers I’ve learned from along the way!
That being said, welcome to the blog! ‘Being Dapper’ will be home to helpful tips, industry secrets, insightful reviews, fun interviews and so much more! Be sure to stop by every week or subscribe to our emails if you’d rather have each post delivered to your mailbox!
To kick things off, Dapper is hosting a giveaway! Enter below for your chance to win a Swan Pool Float. From an ugly duckling (blank page) to a beautiful swan (fully optimized site), Dapper has blossomed this year and now it’s your turn to part-take in the fun! Fill out the form below for your chance to enter and good luck!